This Modification is made in order to correct a discrepancy within the Evaluation Criteria.
The entire announcment is re-published, as follows:
1. REQUIREMENT DESCRIPTION
The Air Force Research Laboratory Space Vehicles Directorate (AFRL/VS) understands that it is essential for the scientific community to maintain clear lines of communication for thorough and well-reasoned science to be accomplished. Support for conferences and workshops have proven to be an extremely valuable tool for DOD. They allow technical managers the opportunity to receive prevailing information on their respective disciplines. They also will allow AFRL/VS the opportunity to inform the scientific community of the current thrust of VS programs. Conferences and workshops constitute a key forum for scientific and technology interchange. AFRL/VS encourages proposals from recognized scientific, technical, or professional organizations that qualify for federal tax-exempt status. AFRL/VS financial support through appropriate assistance instruments for conferences and workshops is dependent on the availability of funds, program manager?s discretion, and certain other restrictions. Other restrictions include: AFRL/VS support for a workshop or conference is not to be considered as government endorsement of any sponsoring non-profit organization. The subject matter of the conference or workshop is scientific, technical, or involves professional issues that are relevant to the AFRL/VS mission for applied research and technology development programs relating to space systems and technology. The purpose of our support will transfer federally developed technology to the private sector or will stimulate wider interest and inquiry into the relevant scientific, technical, or professional issues relevant to the AFRL/VS mission.
2. GENERAL INFORMATION
A. An ?Administrative Access to Proprietary Information? consent provision is applicable to this announcement with anticipation of incorporation of the provision by reference into any resulting award instrument. The provision is included as an attachment to this announcement. This consent form as well as the Non-FAR certifications must be signed and submitted with the proposal.
B. Dialogue between prospective offerors and Government representatives is encouraged until submission of proposals. These discussions shall not constitute a commitment by the Government to subsequently fund or award any proposed effort. Only Agreements Officers are legally authorized to commit the Government.
3. AWARD INFORMATION
A. This Program Announcement will remain open for one year from the date of publication or until replaced by a successor Program Announcement.
B. There is no guarantee that awards will be made under this announcement. The Government may make multiple awards, in part, on the cost of individual proposal(s) and available funding. Due to funding constraints, the Government reserves the right to limit awards under this announcement.
C. Pending availability of funds, the Government expects to complete evaluation and, contingent upon the outcome of the evaluation, make awards within 60 days of receipt of the proposal(s).
4. PROPOSAL PREPARATION
A. Proposal Submission
1. Submit with a cover letter, an original and three copies of the technical and the cost proposals. In addition to the technical and cost proposal, please submit the cost proposal on a 3.5 diskette or CD, IBM PC compatible, Microsoft Excel (2000 or later version) files and include all cell formulas.
2. Proposals should be addressed to the appropriate Contracting POC. Proposals sent to any inappropriate address are ineligible for award. Proposals sent via facsimile or electronic means will not be accepted.
a. Submit proposals to Det 8 AFRL/PKVE, Attn: Jayne Faris, 2251 Maxwell St SE, Bldg 424, Rm 206, Kirtland AFB NM 87117-5773. Mark For: VS Program Announcement VS-04-02
3. All proposals for assistance require certifications of compliance with national policy mandates. Statutes and Government-wide regulations require some certifications to be submitted at the time of proposal rather than at the time of award. These certifications are set forth at Appendix A to 32 CFR Part 25 regarding debarment, suspension, and other matters; Appendix C to 32 CFR 25 regarding drug-free workplace; and Appendix A to 32 CFR 28 regarding lobbying. The certifications are provided in Attachment 2.
B. Specific Proposal Preparation Instructions
1. Cover letter
A cover letter shall accompany each proposal. The cover letter should identify the program announcement number under which the proposal is submitted, a statement that the proposal is valid for 90 days, provide technical and contracting points of contact, DUNS number, and include statement indicating if the firm is a Small Business, a Socially and Economically Disadvantaged Business, an 8(a) Certified Business, a HUBZone certified business, a Woman-Owned Business concern, a veteran-owned small business, or a service-disabled veteran-owned small business. The proposal must be signed and dated by an authorized official of the organization.
2. Technical Proposal
a. Content. (See Program Announcement)
3. Cost Proposal
a. Content. (See attached Assistance Cost Proposal Instructions)
a. Non-FAR Certifications and the Administrative Access to Proprietary Information consent form should be completed, signed and included with the offeror?s proposal. If necessary, any additional representations, certifications, or statements of offerors will be obtained prior to award.
5. EVALUATION PROCEDURES
A. The Government reserves the right to select for award any, all, part, or none of the proposals received in response to this announcement, subject to the availability of funds.
B. The selection of one or more sources for award will be based on an evaluation of each offeror?s proposal to determine the overall merit of the proposal in response to this announcement. The proposals will be evaluated utilizing a peer or scientific review process and shall be evaluated based on the following criteria, which are of equal importance to each other:
1. The scientific and technical relevance of the proposed conference;
2. The potential contributions of the proposed conference to the mission of AFRL/VS; 3. The qualifications of the proposed speaker(s) appearing at the conference or workshop; and
4. Utilization of funds requested from AFRL/VS.
1. Instructions for Preparing Budgets (Assistance)
2. Non-FAR Certifications
3. Administrative Access to Proprietary Information Consent Provision
Who can apply:
Eligible functional categories:
Basic Scientific Research
Collaborative Research and Development
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
Faris, Major Jayne
Department of the Air Force, Air Force Research Laboratory, Contracting Directorate, AFRL-Kirtland Research Site